Why Choose Newlands?
Quotes from our 2021 Parents Survey. You can see the full survey here.
- The outdoor space for early years is excellent.
- There is support the both the child and the parents on all levels.
- The school provides a safe environment and encourages the children to do their best.
- Newlands is a friendly and welcoming school; my children are excited to go in!
- Newlands is a tight knit community; Mr Neighbour knows all of the children by name.
- Communication is very good and the school is very approachable and friendly.
- Parent Days encourages parents into the school community, creating a really lovely environment for the day.
- Outstanding teachers!
- Being a small school it has a much more personal feel to it, which is important.
- The level of education during lockdown was very good.
- The children feel part of a community; the school cares about children’s mental health.
- Phonics is engaging and enjoyable.
- The school creates an environment where my child feels safe and enjoys attending school
- The teachers strike a good rapport with their pupils; the children’s confidence is always high socially and academically.
- The school ‘gets’ my son and he is doing very well in the environment.
- The small classes make us feel every child is important.
- Day trips and residential trips are always well planned and organised.
- Caring teaching which nurtures good manners, care for others and social interactions and communications.
- High level teachers who go the extra mile to ensure interactive, enjoyable teaching takes place.
- Provision during the second lockdown was amazing!
- We’re delighted with Newlands; the quality of teaching and the culture and philosophy embraced by staff.
- The teacher really knows my child and makes every effort to help him progress.
- Encouraging the child to try hard and to become resilient.
- We’ve always liked the link between the infant and junior years.
- Some of the teachers have been here a while and we like that familiarity where everyone knows each other.
- The children are encouraged to develop strong values.
- The maths provision is strong and parent sessions on how to support maths at home are very much appreciated.
- The range of subjects taught means the curriculum isn’t limited and helps pupils feel empowered in subjects.
- The school begins to discuss the transition to secondary school early, which helps with fears.
- The level and variety of learning at each stage of my childs’ time has been good.
Applying for a reception place (Year R) for September 2022?
If your child is 4 or will turn 4 before 1st September 2021 and 31st August 2022, they can start school in September 2022.
To book a place at one of our open events, call us on 01252 871188 or send an email to email@example.com
Tuesday 5th October at 2pm, Monday 8th November at 2pm,
Tuesday 16th November at 7pm & Thursday 2nd December at 2pm
Other dates are available on request
Ahead of your visit please explore the school web-site and links below to get a flavour of all that Newlands has to offer.
Starting School in Hampshire – A guide for parents /carers and practitioners to help ensure the best possible start to school for Hampshire’s children
Starting School in September 2022 – Applications for Hampshire residents open on 1 November 2021
We currently have school places available for the reception class starting in September 2021. We also have a limited number of spaces in our other year groups. Our web-site serves as a digital prospectus for the school. Applications for school places are available via the Admissions page on the Hampshire website.
Our admission policies are available here.
Applications for school places are available via the Admissions page on the Hampshire website. More information and application forms can be found here.