Applying for a place in Year R
If your child is be 4 years old between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018, they are due to start school in the school year beginning September 2018.
From 1 November 2017, you can apply:
- online at www.hants.gov.uk/admissions where you will also find information about schools in Hampshire; OR
- using a paper application form available from any Hampshire infant or primary school.
Application deadline is Monday 15 January 2018.
Please visit any Hampshire infant or primary school or a Children’s Centre for help with the application process, or by calling 0300 555 1377.
Calls to 0300 numbers are included in call packages, or charged at the same rate as 01 and 02 numbers. Costs may vary depending on your telecoms provider and whether you are calling from a landline or mobile.
For parents of children starting in September 2018 we are holding an Open Morning on Friday 3rd November 2017 at 10.00am and Friday 13th November 2017 at 10.00am
The following links contain other relevant information about starting school:
- Starting School in Hampshire 157 kB – A guide for parents /carers and practitioners to help ensure the best possible start to school for Hampshire’s children
- When will my child start school?
- Decelerated admission for summer born children
Our admissions policy for 2018-2019 is available here (for admissions from 1st September 2018 including in-year admissions)
Our admissions policy for 2017-2018 is available here (for admissions from 1st September 2017 including in-year admissions)